This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2019)
|President||A. V. Thamarakshan|
|General Secretary||A. N. Rajan Babu|
|Founder||K. R. Gouri Amma|
|Founded||20 March 1994|
|Split from||Communist Party of India (Marxist)|
|Headquarters||Kerala State Committee Office, Iron Bridge P.O., Alleppey-688011, Kerala|
|National affiliation||UDF(1994-2013, 2021-Present)|
Janadhipathya Samrakshana Samithi ( translation: Association for Defence of Democracy) is a political party in the Indian state of Kerala. The party was formed in 1994 when the CPI(M) leader K.R. Gowri Amma was expelled from Communist Party of India (Marxist).
JSS Sathjith group is allianced with United Democratic Front in Kerala led by Indian National congress. JSS won four seats in the 2001 Legislative Assembly election in Kerala (the party had launched candidates in five constituencies). K.R. Gowri Amma, elected from the Aroor constituency, was the Minister for Agriculture in the A.K. Antony state government.
|Sl.No:||Name of the Party Group||Party Party Leader||Alliances|
|1||JSS (Sathjith)||Adv. V. H. Sathjith||Left Democratic Front|
|2||JSS (Beenakumari)||P.C. Beenakumari||Left Democratic Front|
|3||JSS (National)||Alex Dominic||United Democratic Front|
|4||JSS (Socialist)||Ajeesh Kumar||Unaffiliated|
|5||JSS (Sameekritham)||B. Gopan||Unaffiliated|
- JSS (Rajanbabu) led by Rajanbabu merged with JSS (official)
- JSS (Shaju) led by K. K. Shaju merged with Congress
- JSS (Pradeep) led by P.S. Pradeep merged with CPI
- JSS (Ithihas) led by KT Ithihas, former political secretary and Ex Chairman merged with Communist Marxist Party (John)
- JSS (Secular) led by Varinjam Rajeev merged with All India Forward Bloc
1. One of their prominent state leader from the beginning of the party, Adv. Sathjith,s faction make outside alliance with LDF after discussions with state leaders of LDF on 2016 march.
2. The Rajan Babu faction of the JSS Joined the NDA on 11 March 2016.This was Announced by Rajan Babu. After Discussions with BJP State President Kummanam Rajasekharan and BDJS Leader Vellappally Natesan at Kayamkulam. And he left NDA in 2019 and merge with JSS (Gowri amma)
- Janadhipathiya Mahila samithy (JMS)
- Janathipathiya Yuvajana Samithy (JYS)
- Janathipathiya Trade Union Centre (JTUC)
- Janathipathiya Karshaka Samithy (JKS)
- kerala Karshaka Thozhilaly Union (KKTU)
- Federation Of Democratic Employees And Teachers Organization (FDETO)
- Janathipathya Abhibhashaka Samithi (JAS)
- "പ്രഫ. എ.വി. താമരാക്ഷന് ജെ.എസ്.എസ് സംസ്ഥാന പ്രസിഡൻറ് | Madhyamam". 14 September 2021.
- "Gouri removed as JSS general secretary". The Hindu. 31 January 2021.
- "'ജെഎസ്എസ് ഇടതുമുന്നണി വിട്ടു'; കടുത്ത അവഗണന നേരിട്ടെന്ന് രാജൻ ബാബു".
- Radhakrishnan, S. Anil (11 May 2021). "Veteran Communist leader K R. Gouri Amma no more". The Hindu – via www.thehindu.com.